Moving to Serbia these days can seem like an extremely daunting task. There are many things to consider, from what you can export and import to which companies may be trustworthy. Huli international shipping is here to help, with the inside knowledge and experience that you need to make your relocation to Serbia as stress-free as can be. For general tips and a simple run-down on moving shipping to Serbia click here (https://huliinternationalmovers.ca/serbia )!
5 Things You Should Know Before You Move To Serbia
- What Are The Customs Regulations?
Household goods and personal belongings aretax-free if they meet the following criteria:
- You have owned and used the goods for a minimum of six months
- You have lived abroad for at least 2 years if you are Serbian or one year if you are a foreigner
- Your items cannot be sold, lent, or disposed of while you are in Serbia
- If you are only temporarily in Serbia, you are obligated to re-export your goods when you leave Serbia
- You must apply for a residence permit in Serbia
- Temporarily imported shipments must be cleared through a bonded warehouse
- What Are The Dutiable and Restricted Items?
- Works of art, antiques, and paintings must be detailed on inventory and must be officially estimated and certified by a national museum at origin
- Firearms require permits from the Ministry of Internal Affairs & Police Department and can only be requested upon living in Serbia for a minimum of one year
- Plans require two phytosanitary exams, one at the Serbian Border and one at your destination city of residence.
- New items incur tax and duty
- Alcohol, one litre of alcohol is permitted for personal consumption
- What Items are Prohibited For Importation Into Serbia
Like all countries, there is a list of prohibited items that should be taken into account before attempting importation. The list for Serbia is as follows:
- Narcotics/Illegal drugs of any sort
- Alcohol (only those with diplomatic status are allowed importation)
- Food and consumables (only those with diplomatic status are allowed importation)
- Any commercial goods
- Any materials ridiculing any religious beliefs
- Pornography and subversive material
- Explosives, ammunition, and weapons
- Pesticides and toxic materials deemed harmful to public health and interest
- Considerations When Importing Pets to Serbia
Because Pets are often an extension of one’s family, the proper steps must be taken to ensure that you can bring your pet with you to your new Serbian destination.
- Pets must be quarantined for 21 days
- The designated quarantine location is the address/residence of the requisition applicant
- Request for import and quarantine can be submitted only by a person residing in Serbia or an authorized customs agent
- Requests should be submitted 15 days before the realization of import.
Two documents must be submitted to import your pets properly. You must submit these documents in time to ensure a frictionless importation of your pets. The Two required documents are listed below.
Request for the issuance of import permit: http://www.serbiaembusa.org/upfiles/ZahtevZivotinjaUvoz.doc
Request for the issuance of a permit for quarantine: http://www.serbiaembusa.org/upfiles/ZahtevZivotinjaKarantin.doc
- Important Considerations When Importing Vehicles
Before assuming your vehicle is eligible for importation into Serbia, it is important to know the following restrictions and requirements.
1- Vehicles must be less than six years old
2- The client must be allowed to stayin the country for more than three months
3- Vehicles must be owned by the client for more than six months
If numbers 2 and 3 are not applicable, they may be temporarily imported if number one is still met. However, the vehicle will be subject to 3% of all import taxes payable on the vehicles.
For any further questions about international relocation movers please do not hesitateto Contact Huli Shipping (https://huliinternationalmovers.ca/contact) or click on this document (http://webportal.atlasintl.com/Customs%20Docs/Serbia.pdf) where much of the information provided above was acquired. For a more in-depth look at the documentation and regulations for your move to Serbia. If you have any questions about costs and services that you may need for your move to Serbia, request a quote (https://huliinternationalmovers.ca/request-a-quote?form_state=Serbia).